Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Weeds

We have been working outside a little every day for the past week or so, and I must admit to a little discouragement.  On Sunday we took a family walk out to the garden.  When I pulled back the row covers to check the progress of my little seeds I saw this:


All that green is not the lettuce, onions, and carrots I planted.  

I shouldn't be surprised.  We broke new ground, it is spring, the ground is fertile, etc.  I am keeping perspective about it, remembering that we are new to this and that we will learn and improve with time.  Still, I was really hoping to find a few more seedlings and a few less weeds.  

The weeds are not restricted to the garden.  Right now our yard is more dandelion than grass, and the chickweed is making its comeback, too.  

Admiring a honey bee hard at work on a dandelion blossom. 


On the brighter side, I do love all the flowers - weed, wildflower, and intentional blooms are all equally beautiful and welcome signs of Spring.  


How about you?  How is your garden growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment